Within the next few years, the State of Maine will have hundreds of underground storage tanks (UST) that must be removed because they have reached their 30 year lifespan as determined by Maine DEP. Due to the safety hazards and potential environmental risks of this work, an underground tank removal must be completed by a Maine DEP Certified Tank Installer. Simard and Sons can help you with the removal of your underground storage tank and petroleum lines.
We will handle everything for you from completing the DEP paperwork to removing and disposing of the tank as if it were never there. Our certified professionals have the experience required to evaluate and overcome the unique challenges presented by each site to ensure it is completed properly.
By hiring Simard and Sons to remove your tank, we will take care of all the steps required:
- Proper permitting and DEP paperwork
- Environmental Site Assessment (Required engineering services to test for contaminated soils)
- Demolition of tank pads, dispensers, dispenser islands, traffic pads, canopies, product piping, vent piping, and more
- Tank cleaning, removal, transport and legal disposal
- Removal and disposal of contaminated soils (if discovered)